The Project Manager should plan, design, execute and manage Development Programmes and Projects of Trust by making grants, playing the lead role of a guide to a set of programme with a teamwork together. The Project Manager ensures smooth program delivery and aids delivery of the operating plan of the Trust. The incumbent will have complete accountability for large programmes, projects and multiple grants that ensure the achievement of the stated goal/objectives of the Trust.
- Guide, mentor, and ensure effective knowledge management within the team to assure smooth programme delivery
- Manage large and high impact grants within the organization in individual capacity
- Build rapport and relationship with key stakeholders like the government, corporate, research agencies, educational institutions and civil society organizations in order to fulfill the trust’s objectives.
- Possess clear understanding of complex issues of Indian & global concern
- Experience in conducting research & report writing
- Ensure that grant proposals are complete in all respects and comply with the guidelines and requirements laid down by the Trust.
- Work closely with the governing board and senior management team of the Trust in order to deliver development plans effectively
Program Management and Delivery:
- Take charge of all program and project management activities from start to finish.
- Plan, design, execute and coordinate awareness events, trainings, workshops and other capacity building initiatives.
- Carry out need assessment, write the project proposal, and prepare reports for use by the funding partners.
- Plan and initiate fundraising strategies and engage with potential agencies (government, corporate, national and international funding agencies).
- Network with other NGOs and government departments
- Work with the board of directors and management team to ensure optimum allocation of work within the team, adherence to timelines, achievement of milestones etc.
- Take responsibility for corrective action as and when required.
- Manage multiple stakeholders and work closely with them to bring together the program as envisioned by the Trust.
- Engage and partner with different stakeholders like civil society, educational institutions, corporate houses, workplaces & urban communities.
Competencies and desirable skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual with proficiency in the local language and English. Knowledge of Hindi is also preferable
- Ability to lead and manage projects
- Willingness to travel
- High action orientation
- Information seeking
- Partnership Management
Qualification: Masters of Social Work
Salary: INR 5, 00,000 – 8, 00,000 PA
Location: Coimbatore (Willing to travel/relocate anywhere in India)
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of work experience in NGOs.